Thursday, October 18, 2007

Niche

Niche gaming has always been the driving force behind what I play. While I still pick up the big titles, I tend to follow companies such as Atlus and Nippon Ichi much more closely than Square-Enix or Bandai-Namco. I guess part of my reason is simply that I want the little guys to win, but I think the real reason is simply that they're doing something that just falls so far out of the popular market that they just deserve my money simply by attracting me. Atlus has been pumping those production costs up with all those little extras (yes, RPG players would pay for those). Good idea! NIS, you'd better follow too. I want Ar Tonelico 2 with artbook and all 4 OST CD's. XD

Seriously, niche games, in my opinion, is the future of "hardcore" gaming. It was the past, anyway.

No comments: